Last version supporting hppa-elf?
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
larwe@larwe.com
Mon Jun 11 12:13:00 GMT 2001
> > >hppa-elf is basically dead. You're most likely stuck with that old
> > >dos toolchain. Much of hte support for the old embedded PA tools has
> > >been removed from the compiler, debugger and binutils.
>Not really. It's been an ongoing maintenance thing -- the ABI used by those
>FWIW, you're the first person to even enquire about this code in several
>years.
That's good to know (and I'm not being sarcastic, btw!). A few months ago I
had to make CPU decisions on a revamp of a design based around the W90215.
I was being pushed **very** hard in the direction of the W90221, but I am
now trebly glad that I steered out of that particular hellhole and into ARM!
Anyhow, I have a working cygwin toolchain for the moment, which seems much
more stable than the DOS32 version. As time permits, or if problems
surface, I'll try going backwards and forwards in gcc versions.
Thanks for the info!
-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
Embedded Engineer, Digi-Frame Inc.
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Tel (914) 937-4090 9am-6:30pm M-F ET
Personal: http://www.larwe.com/ http://www.zws.com/
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who
neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray
twighlight that knows not victory nor defeat."
(Theodore Roosevelt)
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list