gcc-3.0 build fails on new slackware setup

Ghadi Shayban shaybang@yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 20:01:00 GMT 2001


This looks to be a minor error, most likely on my
part: I just cleaned my box and put a fresh install of
Slackware on it.  Just before the stage 1 bootstrap
finishes, I get an error "*** No rule to make target
`../../gcc-3.0/gcc/doc/cpp.texi', needed by
`../../gcc-3.0/gcc/doc/cpp.info'.  Stop."

I probably have some system setting wrong....I've
attached the last kilobyte or so of the build log...

Thanks,
Ghadi Shayban

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35 
a year!  http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
excerpt

-------------- next part --------------
ln -s libgcc_s.so libgcc_s.so.0
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/obj/gcc'
rm -f cxxmain.c
ln -s ../../gcc-3.0/gcc/../libiberty/cplus-dem.c cxxmain.c
gcc -c -DMAIN  -DIN_GCC    -g  -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional -pedantic
-Wno-long-long  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H    -I. -I. -I../../gcc-3.0/gcc
-I../../gcc-3.0/gcc/. -I../../gcc-3.0/gcc/config
-I../../gcc-3.0/gcc/../include \
  -DVERSION=\"3.0\" cxxmain.c
gcc -o c++filt  -DIN_GCC    -g  -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional -pedantic
-Wno-long-long  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  \
  cxxmain.o underscore.o obstack.o         ../libiberty/libiberty.a
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../../gcc-3.0/gcc/doc/cpp.texi',
needed by `../../gcc-3.0/gcc/doc/cpp.info'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/obj/gcc'
make[1]: *** [stage1_build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/obj/gcc'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list