Help with my cross-compiler

Phil Prentice PhilP@tsd.serco.com
Mon Jun 4 01:06:00 GMT 2001


Hi 
  I am currently trying to build a cross-compiler for a VxWorks 68030 system on a Sun workstation running Solaris 2.6.  Initially I tryed building the cross compiler using the sun 'C' compiler, but got various problems....so I decided to download the gcc-2.95.3 straight compiler from SunFreeWare.com and to use that to build the cross-compiler....that went well until I got a problem involving libgcc1...it looks like an assembler problem?????   I have attached a file describing the problem that I get when doing the make.  I'm using the 'as' from the directory /usr/ccs/bin?

   Hope that I have given enough info

  Thanks

        Phil Prentice  

-------------- next part --------------
s760sun1% make
make all-recursive
Making all in intl
Making all in lib
Making all in makeinfo
(cd intl && make all)
rm -f tmplibgcc1.a libgcc1.S
cp ./config/m68k/lb1sf68.asm libgcc1.S
for name in _mulsi3 _udivsi3 _divsi3 _umodsi3 _modsi3  _double _float _floatex  _eqdf2 _nedf2 _gtdf2 _gedf2 _ltdf2 _ledf2  _eqsf2 _nesf2 _gtsf2 _gesf2 _ltsf2 _lesf2; \
do \
  echo ${name}; \
  /export/home/philp/gcc/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/xgcc -B/export/home/philp/gcc/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/ -B/usr/local/m68k-wrs-vxworks/bin/ -I/usr/local/m68k-wrs-vxworks/include -O2  -DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC  -DSVR4  -g -O2 -I./include  -Dexit=unused_exit -g1 -DHAVE_GTHR_DEFAULT -DIN_LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED -I. -I. -I./config -I./../include -c -DL${name} libgcc1.S; \
  if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then true; else exit 1; fi; \
  mv libgcc1.o ${name}.o; \
  m68k-wrs-vxworks-ar rc tmplibgcc1.a ${name}.o; \
  rm -f ${name}.o; \
done
_mulsi3
usage: as [-V] [-Q{y,n}] [-f[O][if]#] [-q] [-s]
          [-S] [-K {pic,PIC}] [-o objfile] [-L] [-T]
          [-P [[-Ipath] [-Dname] [-Dname=def] [-Uname]]...]
          [-m [-Ym,path]] [-n] [-xF] [-xarch=v7] [-xarch=v8] [-xarch=v8a] [-xarch=v8plus] [-xarch=v8plusa] file.s...
mv: cannot access libgcc1.o
*** Error code 2
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `libgcc1-asm.a'
Current working directory /export/home/philp/gcc/gcc-2.95.3/gcc
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-gcc'
s760sun1% which as
/usr/ccs/bin/as
s760sun1%



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list