error making gcc on HP-UX 11.00
ERICSON, MATHEW (A-Australia, ex1)
mathew_ericson@agilent.com
Tue Jul 31 15:19:00 GMT 2001
Michael,
I had this error when I was not using GNU make 3.79.1.
Essentially if you are building with the free compiler that comes with HP-UX
I find this is the best case
1. export PATH=/usr/bin (to only pick up /usr/bin/cc)
2. build make-3.79.1
3. export PATH=/path/to/GNUmake:/usr/bin (so you now use GNU make)
4. build binutils-2.11.2
5. export PATH=/path/to/binutils:/path/to/GNUmake:/usr/bin (so you use the
GNU as)
6. cd objdir
7. configure --prefix=/opt/gcc-3.0 ..etc...etc.
mathew
-----Original Message-----
From: Lee, Michael, Superior Court [ mailto:mlee2@co.alameda.ca.us ]
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 2:39 AM
To: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'
Subject: error making gcc on HP-UX 11.00
I got the following error part way through running make bootstrap-lean:
(Bundled) cc: warning 480: The -g option is available only with the C/ANSI C
pro
duct; ignored.
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: (Warning) At least one PA 2.0 object file (genflags.o) was
dete
cted. The linked output may not run on a PA 1.x system.
./genflags /forte/ffx/gcc-3.0/gcc/config/pa/pa.md > tmp-flags.h
/bin/sh /forte/ffx/gcc-3.0/gcc/move-if-change tmp-flags.h
insn-flags.h
echo timestamp > s-flags
(cd /forte/ffx/gcc-3.0/gcc && false -o c-p$$.c c-parse.y && \
mv -f c-p$$.c c-parse.c)
*** Error exit code 1
Stop.
*** Error exit code 1
Stop.
*** Error exit code 1
Stop.
Does anyone one know what this means, or where I can look for a more
descriptive message?
Thanks.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list