problems installing gcc, no workin cc

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Thu Jul 26 16:29:00 GMT 2001


On Jul 26, 2001, Dean Harper <dean.harper@rchagen.com> wrote:

> cpp: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 9

This is a symptom of your not having installed the binaries in the
directory in which they're supposed to be installed.  gcc is expecting
to run the internal C pre-processor, but it ends up finding the
external cpp driver, that again tries to run the internal preprocessor
but ends up finding itself.

Try setting GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=/usr, if that's where you installed it.

> Michel Duchame replied to me earlier and said I could download the
> binaries from www.sunfreeware.com, I've download all files regarding GCC
> and all I need are some instructions on how to install it.

You should be able to find such instructions there, where you found
the binaries, not here.

-- 
Alexandre Oliva   Enjoy Guarana', see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Red Hat GCC Developer                  aoliva@{cygnus.com, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}
Free Software Evangelist    *Please* write to mailing lists, not to me



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list