How to configure the linux machine for network connection?
Alexandre Oliva
aoliva@redhat.com
Mon Jul 23 22:10:00 GMT 2001
On Jul 20, 2001, "Rajesh Lolam" <rajeshlolam@rediffmail.com> wrote:
> Now with the Linux installed on it, I want to get connected to the
> network. How do I configure my PC to access network when operating
> in Linux environment?
In what sense is this question related with using the GNU Compiler
Collection?
> ==== The NIC card is TCP/IP NE-2000 compatible. ====
> (N.B.: I think Linux is not detecting the NICard automatically.)
In general, it doesn't auto-detect ne2k cards, because it has the
potential of freezing the machine. You have to specify the I/O and
IRQ numbers by hand.
--
Alexandre Oliva Enjoy Guarana', see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Red Hat GCC Developer aoliva@{cygnus.com, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}
Free Software Evangelist *Please* write to mailing lists, not to me
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list