GNU GCC version 3 for Windows or DOS

Andris Pavenis pavenis@latnet.lv
Tue Jul 10 09:43:00 GMT 2001


On Tuesday 10 July 2001 18:57, Lewin A.R.W. Edwards wrote:
> Hello Andris,
>
> (A Latvian! I am half Latvian! :)
>
> >(--host=i[3456]86-pc-msdosdjgpp ....). If so then please see DJGPP FAQ
> >about how to use LFN under WinNT (You will need special driver for that).
>
> It would be better to move to cygwin (or a native *NIX). My experience with
> the djgpp-hosted compiler is that it is quite unstable, and under Windows
> 2000 VERY unstable. Compiling large projects, you'll see random error
> messageboxes from Windows. Run the same compile operation again and the
> error will happen somewhere else.
>

Crashes running nested DJGPP applications under Win2000 are known and is 
rather much discussed in DJGPP mailing lists. There is also patch for libc 
that should these crashes . I built gcc-3.0 as native compiler for DJGPP 
using patched libc (archives currently are in DJGPP distribution in directory 
v2gnu/alphas), but I haven't tested it under Win2000. 

I don't think DJGPP hosted compiler will be so unstable on Win9X unless 
something will be messed up

Andris



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list