Inline-assembly with C-code and structures
Alexandre Oliva
aoliva@redhat.com
Mon Jul 9 08:14:00 GMT 2001
On Jul 8, 2001, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@iki.fi> wrote:
> So there seems not to be a "easier" way to do this.
> Some years ago with tasm or nasm (can't remember) I used stuff like this:
> "mov eax, [esi+struct_foo.variable_bar]"
In order to do this, the compiler would have to look into the assembly
statements looking for datatypes and variable names in it. It would
mean that, depending on whether you have a certain data type or
variable named `mov' defined, the program might assemble successfully
or not. I can't find this idea appealing. IMO, GCC's approach is far
saner, yet I'll concede it places a heavier burden on the programmer.
--
Alexandre Oliva Enjoy Guarana', see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Red Hat GCC Developer aoliva@{cygnus.com, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}
Free Software Evangelist *Please* write to mailing lists, not to me
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list