--with-gnu-ld ?

Chris Majewski majewski@cs.ubc.ca
Tue Jul 3 15:04:00 GMT 2001


Yeah.  The problem  seems to  be that  if my  current compiler  uses a
non-gnu   ld,   --with-gnu-ld   confuses   the  gcc   build.   Setting
LD=/path/to/gnu/ld  seems  to have  done  the  right  thing, though  I
haven't tested it yet.. 
-chris

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Peter Kurpis wrote:

> Oops.  I could've sworn I had done this, but my notes say:
> 
> 	configure ... --with-ld=/path/to/gnu/ld --with-gnu-ld ...
> 
> The first tells where to look (as opposed to just using PATH, I think),
> the second one tells the build system that it can generate code assuming
> that the GNU ld is being used.
> 
> > Is  not! '--with-gnu-ld'  is an  option, but  '--with-gnu-ld=blah' did
> > nothing for me. 
> > -chris
> > 
> > On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Peter Kurpis wrote:
> > 
> > > 
> > > > To configure  gcc3.0 to use a different  ld than the one  used by your
> > > > previous  compiler,  you have  to  do  an "export  LD=/path/to/gnu/ld"
> > > > before running  configure.  This really should be  a configure option,
> > > > no? Something like '--with-gnu-ld=/path/to/gnu/ld'.
> > > 
> > > It is.
> > > 
> > 
> > 
> 




More information about the Gcc-help mailing list