building gcc/g++ 3.0 on aix: gen-num-limits failed to execute

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Fri Jul 27 01:05:00 GMT 2001

On Jul 11, 2001, "Paul DeMello" <paul@oax.com> wrote:

>> Indeed.  Will you please post the contents of the top-level
>> config.status?

> Here's my top-level config.status:

> #!/bin/sh
> # This file was generated automatically by configure.  Do not edit.
> # This directory was configured as follows:
> ./configure --with-gcc-version-trigger=/oasis/tmp/paul/gcc-3.0/gcc/version.c
>  --host=powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.3.0 --enable-threads=pthreads --disable-aix64 --n
> orecursion
> #  using "mt-frag"

Did you start the build in a clean build tree?  It appears to me that,
if powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.3.0/ppc64 already existed in the build tree, the
multi-lib stuff would attempt to use it, regardless of
--disable-aix64.