Unable to build gcc-3.0

Chan Siu On siuonchan@hotmail.com
Mon Jul 2 01:22:00 GMT 2001


Alexandre Oliva,

Thank you for your reply.

>Do you have dejagnu installed?  It's necessary to run the GCC
>testsuite.

Yes, I didn't have dejagnu installed, but I have now.

> > undefined symbol: __dso_handle
>
>This generally means you need a newer version of binutils.
>

When I built binutils, some error messages appeared and the installation 
process stoped. But when I rebuild it again, no error occured; only a few 
warnings appeared.

Now I have both dejagnu and binutils, but I am still unable to build 
gcc-3.0.
When I type "make check", the following lines are shown: (My srcdir was 
/archives/gcc-3.0/ and target machine type was i686-pc-linux-gnu)

     == libjava tests ==

Schedule of variantions:
    unix

Running target unix
Using /usr/share/dejagnu/baseboards/unix.exp as board description file for 
target.
Using /usr/share/dejagnu/config/unix.exp as generic interface file for 
target.
Using 
/archives/gcc-3.0/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libjava/testsuite/config/default.exp as 
tool-and-target-specific interface file.
Running 
/archives/gcc-3.0/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libjava/testsuite/libjava.compile/compile.exp 
...
Running 
/archives/gcc-3.0/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libjava/testsuite/libjava.lang/lang.exp 
...
XPASS: N19990310_4 output from source compiled test
expected was OK
output was NG
XPASS: N19990310_4 -O output from source compiled test
expected was OK
output was NG
expected was zardoz
output was q=0
zardoz
XPASS: stringconst -O output from bytecode->native test
XPASS: stub compilation from source
XPASS: stub byte compilation
XPASS: stub compilation from bytecode
XPASS: stub -O compilation from source
XPASS: stub byte compilation
XPASS: stub -O compilation from bytecode
Running 
/archives/gcc-3.0/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libjava/testsuite/libjava.mauve/mauve.exp 
...

    == ilbjava summary ==

# of expected passes         1612
# of expected successes      10
# of expected failure        14
# of untested testcase       80


And the "make check" process stops. What's wrong with libjava? Can I 
install gcc by typing "make install" even if "make check" fails?
_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com .



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list