Building gcc on HPUX 11.00

Eric Gilmore ergi@rc.rose.hp.com
Mon Jan 29 17:21:00 GMT 2001


At 09:37 AM 1/27/01, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>On Jan 27, 2001, Eric Gilmore <ergi@rc.rose.hp.com> wrote:
>
> > /opt/gnu/lib/gcc-lib/hppa1.1-hp-hpux11.00/2.95.2/include/stdlib.h:352,
>
>GCC 2.95.2 doesn't support HP-UX 11.  This is just one of the errors
>you'll encounter.  Get a development snapshot.  But note that you may
>still encounter problems, as the PA port has been somewhat unstable in
>the past few months.  It's stabilizing for the upcoming release, but
>it may not be ready yet.

I was hoping to find someone who could recommend a specific release or 
development snapshot that is known to bootstrap on HPUX 11.00 and run well.

I tried the binutils snapshot from January 23, 2001 and it compiles 
fine.  I tried to bootstrap the January 22, 2001 gcc, but it fails with a 
Segmentation Fault when trying to run xgcc.

If you have any further suggestions/recommendations, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list