Problem configuring
Alexandre Oliva
aoliva@redhat.com
Sun Jan 21 13:19:00 GMT 2001
On Jan 21, 2001, "Truman Kimery" <manji_51@hotmail.com> wrote:
> This is my problem. I'm in /usr/gcc (where I want to set it up
> to)
Better use a build directory different from the installation
directory, otherwise it won't be easy to clean the build tree without
messing up with the installation.
> /usr/gcc-2.95.2/configure --host=localhost.localdomain and it says:
--host is a triplet that should describe the OS and architecture of
the machine on which you're building, not the name of the machine. If
you're not doing a cross build, config.guess should be able to figure
it out by itself, as long as you set CC to a working compiler.
> I don't have a compiler that I know
> on my computer to set it to and I don't know how to set it anyway.
Then you won't be able to build GCC without getting a pre-compiled
compiler.
--
Alexandre Oliva Enjoy Guarana', see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Red Hat GCC Developer aoliva@{cygnus.com, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}
Free Software Evangelist *Please* write to mailing lists, not to me
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list