gcc configure problem

Sharifi, Hamid hamid.sharifi@cnh.com
Tue Jan 16 19:42:00 GMT 2001


Title: RE: gcc configure problem






Thanks Billy, I'll try to use a compiled gcc.


Hamid



-----Original Message-----
From: Billy Hutton [ mailto:huttonb@digitalin-site.com ]
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 11:26 AM
To: Sharifi, Hamid
Cc: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'
Subject: Re: gcc configure problem




> I installed gcc 2.95.2, but I ran into problems when trying to build apache,
> so I de installed it. I'm trying to install it again, I get the following
> error.


>     configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH


You still need a compiler to compile your new compiler.  :)


You've probably got the original gcc binary on your machine somewhere, and
it's not in the path.  (ie /usr/bin/gcc).  You can change your path
statement in /etc/profile or ~/.profile or just export a system variable
of CC=/usr/bin/gcc.  Just be sure to use the actual path to your gcc bin.  


You can also download a binary package of gcc install it, and use it to
re-compile gcc to your liking.


Good luck!
Billy






More information about the Gcc-help mailing list