Question about gcc + binutils builds

Jeffrey A Law law@redhat.com
Tue Jan 2 15:24:00 GMT 2001


  In message < Pine.LNX.4.30.0101021036490.19019-100000@plxw0032.pdx.intel.com >y
ou write:
  > 
  > Greetings,
  > I recently built gcc + binutils on HPUX 11.00. Both builds had the same
  > --prefix arguments. After the installation, I noticed that gcc wasn't
  > using the 'nm' out of it's private path.
That sounds like a bug.  GCC should have found nm in its internal path
without the 'g' prefix.

Can you send me the output of compiling your program with 
gcc -v -Wl,-v <rest of your link line>

So that I can look into what might be wrong.



  >  A coworker of mine familiar
  > with gcc builds told me that binutils need to be installed with a 'g'
  > prefix for gcc to find them in it's bin area and use them.
That is incorrect.

jeff




More information about the Gcc-help mailing list