Configure problems when install the gcc-2.95.2

Chendai Zhao chendai@maptrace.com
Fri Jan 19 16:55:00 GMT 2001


Hi,

I tried to install the gcc-2.95.2 in unix.
As I run ../gcc-2.95.2/configure --prefix=/opt/local/bin
the machine show this problem..
>
>Configuring for a sparc-sun-solaris2.8 host.
>Created "Makefile" in /opt/local/lib/gcc-2.95.2-lib using "mh-frag"
>../gcc-2.95.2/configure: gcc: not found
>*** The command 'gcc -o conftest -g   conftest.c' failed.
>*** You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler.
>

So I set the CC=/opt/local/bin/gcc and run the configure again
the machine show the same problem:
>
>Configuring for a sparc-sun-solaris2.8 host.
>Created "Makefile" in /opt/local/lib/gcc-2.95.2-lib using "mh-frag"
>../gcc-2.95.2/configure: gcc: not found
>*** The command 'gcc -o conftest -O2   conftest.c' failed.
>*** You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler.
>

I don't know why the machine do not recognize the CC variable I set? (I
check the set CC is there)

Thanks in advance.

chendai



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list