Help!! 2nd Request!!!

Jeff Sturm jeff.sturm@appnet.com
Thu Jan 4 09:15:00 GMT 2001


> How can I install Mailman if I can?t install GCC??? How can
> I install GCC when the instructions for installing it are
> written in Greek??? Look, I?m not brain-dead, but it appears
> that whoever wrote the following intended to keep GCC from
> being installed by all but a handful of techno-nerds:

Well, several have tried to help.  My suggestion is to help us help you. 
Specifically:

1) I know nothing about Mailman; why exactly does it require GCC?
2) What platform are you trying to build for?  Does it have a C compiler now?
3) You may find it simpler to install a binary release of GCC than attempting to
configure and build the source release.  Did you check if one is available for
your system?

And lastly:

4) Don't post in HTML, even as a multipart message.  It makes your message more
difficult to read and quote for me, and many others I suspect.

--
Jeff Sturm
jeff.sturm@commerceone.com


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list