Core Dump , when running ./a.out

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Wed Feb 28 07:40:00 GMT 2001


On Feb 28, 2001, aaboulhosn@entpm2.prod.fedex.com wrote:

> Thank you for responding...
> 1) When, I try to run ./a.out
>        it complains about , libucb.so.1  not found
>       So, I tried :
>      ld  -R  /usr/ucblib

>     and it does not complain any more about that problem.
>    Then I try to run :  ./a.out it cores dump.

But why are you linking with libucb?

The core dump might stem from some incompatibility between libucb and
whatever other libraries are getting linked in.

BTW, is this with GNU as/ld or the native assembler and linker?  How
was GCC configured?

-- 
Alexandre Oliva   Enjoy Guarana', see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Red Hat GCC Developer                  aoliva@{cygnus.com, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}
Free Software Evangelist    *Please* write to mailing lists, not to me



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list