Inconsistent hierarchy

David Korn dkorn@pixelpower.com
Fri Feb 23 10:25:00 GMT 2001

>I guess that's true.  Even if a directive must be the first thing on the
>line, a string can continue on a new line, particularly if the preceding
>line ends with a backslash.

  And in fact, I believe the "directive must begin in column one and there
may not be any whitespace between the # and the command (if, ifdef etc)
itself" rule has never been strictly enforced.

>The main reason for my confusion was that two gcc implementations
>handle the situation differently.

  You only quoted the version number for the solaris system; are you sure
the gcc on your windows box is the same version?

      DaveK
--
we are not seats or eyeballs or end users or consumers.
we are human beings - and our reach exceeds your grasp.

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com