build failing on Cygwin-- preprocessor reports cyclical #includes

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards larwe@larwe.com
Wed Feb 21 09:09:00 GMT 2001

Hello Tony,

>My builds of recent development snapshots on Cygwin fail.

My question to _you_  - how did you get that far? :)

When I compile recent gcc snapshots on cygwin, somewhere along the line the
sources try to include windows.h (presumably the standard MS include file).
This file is not part of the gcc distribution. (I am compiling a
cross-compiler for the arm-elf target)

My experience with Cygwin has not been overall good - it's very slow to do
multifile makes, and basically I've given up and moved to Linux.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."