help :: cant run due to libstdc++

Umapathy S nsupathy@myrealbox.com
Wed Feb 28 23:25:00 GMT 2001

hi all
    A trivial error but dont know how to solve it
    I am trying to use gcc/g++ to compile a helloworld C++ program
    Here is the program

    Problem :

    //hello.C prints "hello, world" to stdout
    #include <iostream>

    using namespace std;

    int main(int argc, char *argv[])    {

        char str[]="hello, world";
        cout << str << endl;
        return 0;
    } //end of main

    The make file for the program is as follows
    #makefile to compile hello.C program
    CC=/usr/local/bin/g++

    all:hello.o
        ${CC} -ohello hello.o

    hello.o:hello.C
        ${CC} -c hello.C

    clean:
        rm -f hello.o hello

    The compilation part is done well, but when I try to execute hello the
following error occurs

    ld.so.1:hello: fatal: libstdc++.so.2.10.0: open failed: No such file or
directory
    Killed

    Platform :
        using gnu gcc  2.95.2 19991024 (release) on Solaris  2.6

    Reasons :
        I checked out libstdc++.so.2.10.0, it is in
/usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.2.10.0
        I am not using linking options like -nodefaultlibs and -nostdlib

    Thanks in advance for any help

cheers
Umapathy S