G77 problem and help needed

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Sat Feb 24 14:51:00 GMT 2001

On Feb 24, 2001, Martin Gruenewald <Martin.Grunewald@cern.ch> wrote:

> Well, no: seeing the error message I tried it on a 256MB RAM and 512MB
> swap system (Linux 2.2), and it still does not compile.

Well, in all cases, it ran out of virtual memory.  And it warned it
needed a lot of memory for those constructs in advance, and that a fix
is planned.  It just hasn't been implemented (or so you said).  Maybe
you're willing to contribute a fix?  If you feel you don't have the
expertise, you may still help by donating resources to someone who
does.