libstdc++ requiring '.' on aix?

Robert A Nesius rnesius@ichips.intel.com
Thu Feb 15 10:28:00 GMT 2001


While working on building aspell on aix with gcc 2.95.2, I ran
into a problem.  After generating an aspell binary, running the
binary resulted in the following.

[pdx206]-> src 47> ./aspell
Could not load program ./aspell
Could not load library .
Error was: Permission denied

After verifying the error message seemed to be coming from the
loader, I started examining the libraries aspell depended on,
and discovered the following in libstdc++.

[pdx206]-> ~ 1> dump -H /usr/intel/pkgs/gcc/2.95.2/lib/gcc-lib/rs6000-ibm-aix4.1.4.0/2.95.2/libstdc++.a

/usr/intel/pkgs/gcc/2.95.2/lib/gcc-lib/rs6000-ibm-aix4.1.4.0/2.95.2/libstdc++.a:

                        ***Loader Section***
                      Loader Header Information
VERSION#         #SYMtableENT     #RELOCent        LENidSTR
0x00000001       0x000004f0       0x00000efb       0x00000052

#IMPfilID        OFFidSTR         LENstrTBL        OFFstrTBL
0x00000003       0x00012a64       0x0000a7b0       0x00012ab6


                        ***Import File Strings***
INDEX  PATH                          BASE                MEMBER
0      /fs3/comp.apps_build.1/gcc-2.95.2/aix-4.1.4/gcc:/usr/lib:/lib
1                                    libc.a              shr.o
2                                    .

That's odd.  libstdc++ includes '.'?

Has anyone seen this problem before on AIX?  I haven't seen it mentioned
in the build notes anywhere.

-Rob


-- 
#include <sig.h>
------------------------------------------------------------------
Robert Nesius             rnesius@ichips.intel.com    503.712.2181
DPG Engineering Computing SW Applications Team




More information about the Gcc-help mailing list