Compiling gcc 2.7.2.1

Mark Stevenson stanage_edge@hotmail.com
Tue Feb 13 08:24:00 GMT 2001


Hi,

I'm a bit of a gcc newbie so please excuse me if I'm making some basic 
mistakes.
I've been trying to compile gcc-2.7.2.1 (the reason being that I have a 
large program which was written using this version which won't compile under 
the version I have on my system 2.95.2 and I don't know C++ well enough to 
safely change the files so they compile properly).

When I try to make "make LANGUAGES=c" the compiler does not seem to be able 
to find some of the #defines. The start of the error message is as follows:

/home/mark/bin/gcc-2.7.2.1/./config/sparc/sparc.c: In function 
`sparc_override_options':
/home/mark/bin/gcc-2.7.2.1/./config/sparc/sparc.c:126: `TARGET_V9' 
undeclared (first use in this function)
/home/mark/bin/gcc-2.7.2.1/./config/sparc/sparc.c:126: (Each undeclared 
identifier is reported only once
/home/mark/bin/gcc-2.7.2.1/./config/sparc/sparc.c:126: for each function it 
appears in.)
/home/mark/bin/gcc-2.7.2.1/./config/sparc/sparc.c:128: `target_flags' 
undeclared (first use in this function)


I'd appreciate it if anyone has pointers on how to fix this.
thanks in advance
mark
_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com .



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list