Error in fstream using -malign-double
Oddvar.Myrnes@stoltoffshore.no
Oddvar.Myrnes@stoltoffshore.no
Thu Dec 27 01:00:00 GMT 2001
Can you help me with this one! I have tried for a long time to understand
what is happening. I have tried to build the source with the -malign-double
flag, which did not help much. Plase help me on this one.
----- Forwarded by Oddvard Myrnes/SVG/SCS on 27.12.2001 09:57 -----
Oddvard
Myrnes To: gnu@gnu.org
cc:
21.12.2001 Subject: Error in fstream using -malign-double
16:23
Hi
I am sorry to write to you directly, but I can't figure out what happens
when this simple program crashes when I use the -malign-double compiler
flag:
// #includes
#include <stdio.h>
#include <iostream.h>
#include <fstream.h>
int main(int argc,char *argv[])
{
fstream t;
t.open("./test.log", ios::in|ios::out);
//t.open("test.log", ios::in|ios::out);
if(t.fail())
{
perror("open");
}
else
{
char *tt = {"Test record"};
//t.write(tt, strlen(tt));
t << tt << endl;
if(t.fail())
{
perror("write");
}
}
return 0;
}
I am using the GCC dirtibution gcc-2.95.3-52 from Suse.
Can you plase point me in the right direction? Can't find patches for this
error in any of Suse, Redhat or Gnu pages.
This link will show the question I posted on the comp.gnu.hlp forum.
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=no&group=gnu.gcc&selm=c908370a.0112200448.7e5387fd%40posting.google.com
Rgards
Oddvard Myrnes
Merry Xmas
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list