Help on GCC installation on IRIX

Valter Dal Bo dalbo@tesco.it
Fri Aug 31 05:03:00 GMT 2001


Hi all.

I just installed gcc 3.0 on a SGI R12000 IRIX 6.5.3 but it doesn't seem
to work.
I have tested it by running the configure script supplied with the
glib-1.2.10 package.
This is what I get in return:

./configure
loading cache ./config.cache
checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking host system type... mips-sgi-irix6.5
checking build system type... mips-sgi-irix6.5
checking for ranlib... :
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables.

Does anyone know how I can solve such a problem ?
Thank you

Valter



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list