announce: gcc-3.0.1 hpux-11.0 binaries available

Markus Werle numerical.simulation@web.de
Thu Aug 30 06:11:00 GMT 2001

Hi!

for those who are fed up with the installation procedure
or could not bootstrap on a vanilla system: good news.

I was able to build gcc/g++/f77 as 32-bit (uses /usr/bin/ccs/ld
and binutils-2.11.2) and as 64-bit version (uses binutils-cvs-ld)
on hpux-11.0 (*).

I can upload a tarball of both compilers (including binutils)
to a publicly accessible place. If someone is able to provide such a
place (ftp, scp) this would be great. Contact me.

And please, folks,  do not ask me to load it up to Your private space
unless You pay $500 per upload (+ $1000 to FSF (see www.gnu.org))

Markus

(*) the 64 bit version has seldom spurious linkage problems
but small projects and HelloWorld.C compile fine.
gcc-64 is meant as a good starting point foir building itself
and cvs-checkouts.