Trouble using GCC 3.0.1 on RH 7.1
Gary Smith
grs1969@yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 18:10:00 GMT 2001
All,
I'm having trouble with using GCC 3.0.1 after a build from source.
Im using a RedHat 7.1 machine, with gcc-2.96-96, libstdc++-2.96-81 rpm
installed. I built gcc, removed the old rpms, installed the new files
from the build then discovered that several applications were broken.
After some investigation I found that the libstdc++ rpm provides
"libstdc++-libc6". The GCC build does not, it provides "libstdc++".
Can anyone tell me what's going on here ?
thanks,
Gary
In case it matters, here a description of my build process:
I'm using Redhat 7.1, the following RPMS were installed:
gcc-2.96-96
cpp-2.96-96
binutils-2.11.90.0.8-5
libstdc++-2.96-81
Packages downloaded were gcc-core-3.0.1 gcc-g++-3.0.1 from GNU.
I followed the build instructions provided at the GNU site
( http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/install/index.html ) The build went
fine, there were no errors. The only configure option I used was
--prefix=/usr/null to put the binaries, libs etc. into the same
directories as the RH RPMs.
I then su'ed to root, removed the rpms shown above, and then did a make
install.
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list