Java only build fails
Alexandre Oliva
aoliva@redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 00:44:00 GMT 2001
On Aug 21, 2001, "Jim Wright" <JimWright@telecom.cz> wrote:
> It's a long time since I built gcc and I only want Java
> right now so I downloaded/unpacked gcc-core-3.01
> and gcc-java-3.01 (released but not announced?!)
The Java libraries are partially implemented in C++, so you need to
enable the C++ language in order to build it.
> The "gccbug and gnatsweb" documentation in gnats.html says that
> bootstrap failures should only be reported if they prevail for
> atleast one week. What does this mean?
It means that random bootstrap failures in the CVS tree are often
fixed in the CVS tree by the time one gets to report it, so it's
pointless to file PRs about them unless they remain in the CVS tree
for a while.
--
Alexandre Oliva Enjoy Guarana', see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Red Hat GCC Developer aoliva@{cygnus.com, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}
Free Software Evangelist *Please* write to mailing lists, not to me
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list