libstd3++ build error

Marchelm Bomers Marchelm.Bomers@its.monash.edu.au
Sun Aug 5 23:53:00 GMT 2001


I have successfully built gcc 3.0 on a Compaq AlphaServer (Tru64 Unix 5.0A) but
had to do so without the libraries because it complained about requiring gcc
3.0. Now that I am trying to build libstd I get the same error message (see
below)!

Anybody out there know what I have done wrong and/or can point me in the right
direction?

Thanks in advance.

Marchelm Bomers

+++ TAIL END OF `make` +++
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... no
checking whether to build shared libraries... no
checking whether to build static libraries... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... (cached) yes
checking whether a program can dlopen itself... (cached) yes
checking whether a statically linked program can dlopen itself... (cached) no
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
checking for GNU make... /users/marchelm/ftp/gcc/gcc-3.0/libstdc++-v3/configure:
 gmake: not found
gnumake
checking for g++ that will successfully compile libstdc++-v3... configure: error
: please upgrade to GCC 3.0 or above
make: *** [configure-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 1
+++ END +++

NB:
1. gnumake is my alias for /usr/local/bin/make (GNU Make version 3.77)
2. previous version of gcc was egcs-2.91.66 (in case that's important)

But g++ IS 3.0 (see below)!!??

#which g++
/usr/local/bin/g++
#ls -ld /usr/local/bin/g++
-rwxr-xr-x   4 root     daemon    453856 Aug  2 16:43 /usr/local/bin/g++*
#g++ --version
3.0


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list