gcc default library location

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Wed Aug 1 05:38:00 GMT 2001

On Aug  1, 2001, Nathaniel Mallet <nathaniel.mallet@home.com> wrote:

> I recently build glibc 2.2.3 with gcc 2.95.3. The build went off ok,
> and make check passed. I then ran make install in the default location
> /usr/local.

> But now, gcc keeps trying to link /usr/local/lib/ld.so.6 by default,
> and I'd like to switch it back to /lib/ld.so.6.

What do you mean by `gcc keeps trying to link /usr/local/lib/ld.so.6'?
Anyway, perhaps you shouldn't have build and installed in the default
location /usr/local, but used /usr instead?

Anyway, this mailing list is about GCC, not glibc, and the problem
appears to be in glibc, so maybe you'd get better answers asking in a
glibc-specific forum?