Again with crt0.o

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards larwe@larwe.com
Thu Apr 26 06:20:00 GMT 2001


Hi Antoine,

But when i run arm-elf-gcc test.c -o test, it says :
>/tools/H-i686-pc-cygwin/lib/gcc-lib/arm-elf/2.95.3/crt0.o: file not 
>recognized: file format not recognized
>(First it doesnot find crt0.o, i have to copy it to this directory!)

Sounds like you took the native gcc-cygwin (host) crt0.o. You need the 
arm-elf one.

>Could anyone help me?
>PS : I guess cygwin has its own c library (would newlib1.9.0 be usefull? 
>if yes, how to install it properly?)

I have been totally unable to get newlib 1.8.x or 1.9.0 to compile under 
cygwin (for arm-elf). The make process gives bizarre output at best. I 
believe that this problem may be the reason why --with-newlib on the gcc 
configure command line doesn't work as expected.

I worked around this problem by building a toolchain under Linux and moving 
the newlib libraries and headers over to cygwin.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"... a man who is endowed with real qualities of leadership will be tempted 
to refrain from taking part in political life; because [...] the situation 
does not call for a man who has a capacity for constructive statesmanship 
but rather for a man who is capable of bargaining for the favour of the 
majority. Thus the situation will appeal to small minds and will attract 
them accordingly."



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list