Has anyone ever recompiled GCC with '-malign-double'?

Farmer, Mark mark.farmer@lmco.com
Thu Apr 5 06:14:00 GMT 2001


Alexandre,
     A guy sent me this link:
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/configopts.html .  It has a list of
the configure options for libstdc++, but he sent it to me in response to my
question about what the configure options for GCC were.  I just assumed that
the guy knew what I wanted and that the options would work for configuring
both GCC and libstdc++.  If you happen to know where a complete list of
configure options for GCC is, I would really like to know.  The list that is
at http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html says that it is only a partial
list of options.
	I will try CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET and see how that works.  Thanks very
much for taking the time to help me.

Regards,
Mark

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Alexandre Oliva
> Sent:	Wednesday, April 04, 2001 7:15 AM
> To:	Farmer, Mark
> Cc:	'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'
> Subject:	Re: Has anyone ever recompiled GCC with '-malign-double'?
> 
> On Apr  3, 2001, "Farmer, Mark" <mark.farmer> wrote:
> 
> > --enable-cxx-flags='-malign-double'
> 
> Where have you read about this configure switch?  I've never heard of
> it before.  The most likely reason why it's being ignored is because
> it just isn't taken into account by neither GCC nor libstdc++.
> 
> Set CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET when running make.
> 
> Note that you'll also have to rebuild glibc with this flag for things
> to work properly.
> 
> -- 
> Alexandre Oliva   Enjoy Guarana', see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
> Red Hat GCC Developer                  aoliva@{cygnus.com, redhat.com}
> CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}
> Free Software Evangelist    *Please* write to mailing lists, not to me



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list