gcc 2.95.3 - HPUX - make error

Robert A Nesius rnesius@ichips.intel.com
Sun Apr 29 18:57:00 GMT 2001


Dear All,

I'm run into the following make error on HPUX 11.00, gcc 2.95.3
w/ binutils 2.11.

I built binutils 2.11 w/ /opt/ansic/bin/cc.  I'm building gcc with
a version of gcc 2.95.2.  But 2.95.2 really never supported HPUX
11.00 fully, so perhaps I should use a different compiler?
/opt/ansic/bin/cc failed for me, but perhaps the heavy optimization
flags made it unhappy.

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../lib -I../intl -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/intel/pkg
s/gcc/2.95.3/share/locale\"  -O2 -c makeinfo.c
In file included from ../lib/system.h:33,
                 from makeinfo.c:31:
/usr/intel/pkgs/gcc/2.95.2/lib/gcc-lib/hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.00/2.95.2/include/stdi
o.h:30: warning: `__va__list' redefined
/usr/include/utime.h:26: warning: this is the location of the previous definitio
n
In file included from ../lib/system.h:35,
                 from makeinfo.c:31:
/usr/include/ctype.h:26: warning: `__va__list' redefined
/usr/intel/pkgs/gcc/2.95.2/lib/gcc-lib/hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.00/2.95.2/include/stdi
o.h:30: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
makeinfo.c: In function `main':
makeinfo.c:947: `LC_TIME' undeclared (first use in this function)
makeinfo.c:947: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
makeinfo.c:947: for each function it appears in.)
makeinfo.c: In function `full_pathname':
makeinfo.c:1606: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
makeinfo.c:1608: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

The problem seems to be LC_TIME not being defined.  I tried
including locale.h and found that the build was using the locale.h
in gcc 2.95.2's include area, and that apparantly then redefines
LC_MESSAGES.  It does make the error go away, and then the
build bombs on the error on 1606 and 1608.

1606>     result = (char *)xmalloc (1 + strlen (user_entry->pw_dir)
1607>                               + strlen (&filename[i]));
1608>     strcpy (result, user_entry->pw_dir);

Final question - does gcc interperate this host/platform string
as HPUX 11, HPPA 2.0 architecture, 64-bit, or something different?
hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.00

I know it didn't interperate this as "64-bit" in the past.

Thanks for any assistance you can give.

-Rob



-- 
#include <sig.h>
------------------------------------------------------------------
Robert Nesius             rnesius@ichips.intel.com    503.712.2181
DPG Engineering Computing SW Applications Team




More information about the Gcc-help mailing list