newbie c++/ld question

Michael Shmulevich michaels@jungo.com
Sun Apr 15 04:49:00 GMT 2001


As far as I can remember, similar behaviuor happened to me once, when I 
tried to compile files with g++ and link with ld.

I guess you need to link with g++ too...


Michael Artz wrote:

> I am attempting to compile mpeg4ip on a linux Ipaq running gcc 2.95.3.  
> Everything seems to go fine until I get to compiling the movie player 
> itself, at which point I recieve the following errors:
> 
> ../../common/video/mpeg4/obj/libobj.a(vopsedec.o): In function 
> `CVideoObjectDecoder::CVideoObjectDecoder(char const *, int, int, int *, 
> int *, strstreambuf *)':vopsedec.o(.text+0x8a8): undefined reference to 
> `fstreambase::fstreambase(int, char const *, int, int)'
> vopsedec.o(.text+0xa60): undefined reference to `ios virtual table'
> vopsedec.o(.text+0xa6c): undefined reference to `istream::ios virtual 
> table'
> vopsedec.o(.text+0xa70): undefined reference to `ifstream::ios virtual 
> table'
> vopsedec.o(.text+0xad0): undefined reference to `istream::istream(int, 
> streambuf *, ostream *)'
> ../../common/video/mpeg4/obj/libobj.a(vopsedec.o): In function 
> `CVideoObjectDecoder::decode(CVOPU8YUVBA const *, strstreambuf *, int, 
> int)':
> vopsedec.o(.text+0x1f60): undefined reference to `istream::istream(int, 
> streambuf *, ostream *)'
> 
> ....and they keep going for 3 different files in a similar manner.
> 
>  From what I have read, I guess that this has something to do with the 
> linker, but I have no idea where to begin looking as to what is wrong.  
> The code that is getting the errors was Microsoft code which I have 
> successfully compiled on a stock linux machine, and a couple of people 
> have mentioned that this might be caused by the STL.  If anyone has 
> anything for me to go on, please let me know.
> 
> Thanks
> -Mike


-- 
Sincerely yours,
Michael Shmulevich
______________________________________
Software Developer
Jungo - R&D
email: michaels@jungo.com
web: http://www.jungo.com
Phone: 1-877-514-0537(USA)  +972-9-8859365(Worldwide) ext. 233
Fax:   1-877-514-0538(USA)  +972-9-8859366(Worldwide)



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list