FW: gnu source/assy listings

llewelly@edevnull.com llewelly@edevnull.com
Wed Sep 20 19:27:00 GMT 2000

"Same, Donald R." <donald_r_same@md.northgrum.com> writes:

> I emailed this over a week ago and have not got a response.  Can you help?

For gcc, -S will output only an assembly listing - it will not produce
  an object file.

--save-temps will cause gcc to save the assembler output - a .s file
  contianing the assembly will be created, and the object file will
  also be created. (as will a .i file containing pre-processed
  source.)

For details, see: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc_2.html#SEC4

or read the docs that come with the compiler.