Expanding GCC on Linux i586

Ryan ryan@commandchamber.net
Tue Sep 19 18:31:00 GMT 2000

Hello all:

I'm running Linux on an i586, and the C compiler portion of GCC is already
installed. However, there is no support for C++ (i.e. none of the system
header files like iostream.h or it's implementation file are installed). How
can I add the C++ features? Do I need to completely remove GCC and rebuild
it from scratch, or can the other header and implementation files be
extracted to the proper directories? I'm not too familiar with the details
of how compilers are built/installed, so any advice would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Ryan