ld 2.9 on Solaris ignores LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Peter Kurpis pkurpis@keck.hawaii.edu
Sun Sep 10 23:02:00 GMT 2000

Hi, this is a little off-topic, but I tried  help-gnu-utils
and  bug-gnu-utils  with no responses.  Perhaps someone out
there has a quick answer...

I am building things with  gcc  which calls the GNU (binutils)
 ld .

I've got binutils 2.9.1 running on Solaris 2.6 and
binutils 2.9 running on Solaris 2.7.  I am sure the latter
is a native, vanilla build (as I built it myself).

Neither of these seems to look at  LD_LIBRARY_PATH  like
Solaris  /usr/ccs/bin/ld .  What gives?  Is this desired
behavior?  Configuration error on my part?

Supported emulation per  ld --version  is  elf32-sparc , so
it has proper emulation.  ??