interaction between squangle and optimization

Deno, Emerson edeno@blackrock.com
Tue Sep 5 07:40:00 GMT 2000

hello,
	I'm running gcc2.95.2 on solaris 2.5.1 with the sun ld and as.  due
to linking problems,
I am using the squangle option to compile my files.  My unoptimized
applications shrank
quite a lot (in one case from 90MB to 33MB) but my optimized applications
doubled in
size (from 90MB to 200MB).  i can't strip the executables (we need the
debugging info) but
while some code size increase seems reasonable, a factor of two is
astonishing.  if anyone could
offer any help or suggestions on flags or anything that could help i'd
appreciate it.
				emerson  deno