GCC install
Ivan
itrail@swko.net
Sun Oct 29 09:04:00 GMT 2000
Hello,
I am trying to get gcc (actually i think g++ is what I really want) on my
machine.
I tried the RPM route, but the dependicies seem to be endless. Thus I am taking
my first shot at the tar.bz2 method.
I put the archive in $HOME/gcc. Then I unpacked and extracted it in the same.
The helpp files say to build it in a seperate directory, thus I created
$HOME/gcc.configured
cd $HOME/gcc.configured
$HOME/gcc/gcc-2.95/configure
>Config.guess failed to determine the host type. You need to specify one.
$HOME/gcc/gcc2.95/configure host=i586-pc-linux-gnu (and everyother thing listed
in the successfull builds)
>Invalid configuration `host=i586-glibc20-linux': machine `host=i586-glibc20' not recognized
The only thing that partially succeeds is if i use host=localhost, but then the
make, make install routine doesn't install the thing.
Is there a problem with the Host? or is this wrong:
[root@localhost gcc.configured]# make
[root@localhost gcc.configured]#make intstall
Did screw up the installation process? I have distant rumblings in my mind of
make config or the like.....
If this is better suited for the newbie list, please flame me off list, I like
my punishment in privacy!!! ;^)
Thanks,
Ivan
-------------------------------------------------------
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list