G++ on solaris.

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Tue Nov 28 13:22:00 GMT 2000


On Nov 28, 2000, Chris Lattner <sabre@nondot.org> wrote:

> I'm I just out of luck here, or is there anything that I can possibly do?

There is.  But it's hackish.

Create a directory that mirrors the structure of the install tree.
Create links in it pointing to the actual install tree.  Create links
in it pointing to GNU ld.  Replace `gcc' in the mirrored bin directory
with:

#! /bin/sh
exec /path/to/install/tree/bin/gcc \
-B/directory/containing/the/link/to/gnu/ld \
${1+"$@"}

Then add the mirror tree to the front of the PATH.


Now, the easier, right thing to do is to use GNU libtool, that
supports the creation of shared libraries and dlopenable modules with
-export-dynamic in a portable way.

-- 
Alexandre Oliva   Enjoy Guarana', see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Red Hat GCC Developer                  aoliva@{cygnus.com, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}
Free Software Evangelist    *Please* write to mailing lists, not to me


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list