Gcc-2.95.2: error while making bootstrap

Mikko Vaajasaari mikko.vaajasaari@reima.fi
Fri Nov 17 06:08:00 GMT 2000


I'm using RedHat 7.0 and gcc 2.96. I'm experiencing some problems, e.g. when
compiling the kernel and I want to make sure it's not gcc's fault so I tried
to install version 2.95.2.

During make bootstrap I got the following error:

/usr/local/gcc-2.95.2/libio/indstream.cc: In method `struct streampos
indirectbuf::seekoff(long long int, ios::seek_dir, int = 3)':
/usr/local/gcc-2.95.2/libio/indstream.cc:82: `struct streampos' used where a
`int' was expected
/usr/local/gcc-2.95.2/libio/indstream.cc:85: `struct streampos' used where a
`int' was expected
/usr/local/gcc-2.95.2/libio/indstream.cc:87: `struct streampos' used where a
`int' was expected
/usr/local/gcc-2.95.2/libio/indstream.cc:89: conversion from `int' to
non-scalar type `streampos' requested
/usr/local/gcc-2.95.2/libio/indstream.cc: In method `struct streampos
indirectbuf::seekpos(_G_fpos64_t, int = 3)':
/usr/local/gcc-2.95.2/libio/indstream.cc:99: `struct streampos' used where a
`int' was expected
/usr/local/gcc-2.95.2/libio/indstream.cc:102: `struct streampos' used where
a `int' was expected
/usr/local/gcc-2.95.2/libio/indstream.cc:104: `struct streampos' used where
a `int' was expected
/usr/local/gcc-2.95.2/libio/indstream.cc:106: conversion from `int' to
non-scalar type `streampos' requested
make[2]: *** [indstream.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/gcc-obj/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libio'
make[1]: *** [all-target-libio] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/gcc-obj'

And in the FAQ it's said that ask from this address.

Could you tell me why the error?

Thanks, Mikko



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list