installation

John Kyle jakyl@c4.com
Tue Nov 14 17:03:00 GMT 2000

Sorry for the typical subject line.

Well, I'm a student in high school, and I take a computer science course that uses c++. I heard gcc was a good compiler, but i can't figure out how to 'build' the damned thing. i assume from what i read that i need a fortran compiler, and i can't seem to find one in the subdirectories i unzipped the gcc stuff, so i assume i have to download one? what do i do then?

also, do i have to be running unix/linux for this to work?

i would appreciate any response so that i know someone acrually recieved this email. if it's too complicated and you don't feel like explaining, i understand. heheheh.