My first mail to the list =)
llewelly@dbritsch.dsl.xmission.com
llewelly@dbritsch.dsl.xmission.com
Wed May 17 08:08:00 GMT 2000
On Wed, 17 May 2000, Stuart Fuller wrote:
>
> (I hope this is the right group for gdb aswell!!)
bug-gdb@gnu.org
is the gdb mailing list
>
> Hi, I'm new to egcs and gdb and I have a problem.
> I'm using an SGI Octane runng Irix 6.5.5
> I have installed egcs and gdb from tardists off of
> the SGI freeware page.
> I have a small test program (crash.c) which will crash when
> executed:
>
> #include "stdio.h"
>
> void main()
> {
>
> int array[50], i;
>
> for( i = 0; i < 100; i++ )
> array[i] = i;
> }
>
> I compile this using 'egcs -o crash crash.c"
When you are planning to debug a program, you should compile with -g,
which tells the compiler to include debugging symbols, which the
debugger requires.
> When I run it it crashes (!!!!) which is okay,
> however when I do 'gdb crash'
> followed by a 'run'
> I get the message:
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /usr/people/stuart/workbench/crash
>
> Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> 0x10001118 in __start ()
> at /xlv55/kudzu-apr12/work/irix/lib/libc/libc_n32_M3/csu/crt1text.s:179
> 179 /xlv55/kudzu-apr12/work/irix/lib/libc/libc_n32_M3/csu/crt1text.s: No
> such file or directory.
> Current language: auto; currently asm
I believe gdb is failing to find the source file(s) for your program
becuase the executable was not compiled with -g .
>
> Does anyone know what the hell crt1text is?
> I have tried changin the crash program to not crash and running that
> through gdb and it's fine.
>
> Help!!
>
> Stuart Fuller
>
>
>
> =======================================================================
> This e-mail is intended for the person it is addressed to only. The
[rest of awful confidentiality noticed snipped]
Please do not include confidentiality notices when sending to public
mailing lists.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list