compiling a gcc2.9.5
llewelly@dbritsch.dsl.xmission.com
llewelly@dbritsch.dsl.xmission.com
Wed May 10 16:17:00 GMT 2000
On Wed, 10 May 2000, juan uribe wrote:
> today after doing
>
> make bootstrap-lean
>
>
> I recieved the following errors.
> Assembler messages:
> Error: Can't open /tmp/ccxgyxWd.s for reading
> make[2] ***[stor-layout.o] Error 1
> make[2]Leaving directory '/foo'
> make[1]***[bootstrap-lean] Error 2
>
> please keep in mind I compiled as root
> I checked my /tmp dir and did not find ccxgyxWd.s where should I get it?
> can I proceed with install?
This is usually a symptom of insufficient space.
Use df(1) to check how much space you have. I seem to recall that about
250M of space is needed to bootstrap the full 2.95.2 distribution.
'make bootstrap-lean' will reduce this substantially (I do not recall
by how much), as will using --enable-languages to specify only the
langauges you will need.
[snip]
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list