compiling a gcc2.9.5

llewelly@dbritsch.dsl.xmission.com llewelly@dbritsch.dsl.xmission.com
Tue May 9 22:07:00 GMT 2000

On Tue, 9 May 2000, juan uribe wrote:

> I am going to compile from source 2.91.66 are there any issues I should look
> for ?

I would suggest you use 2.95.2 instead, unless you need to link your code
  with c++ libs built with 2.91.66 .

> I will using it on a compaq presario with the following specs...amd k6-2
> 3Dnow 400mhz processor running redhat linux 6.1 kernel version 2.2.12-20.

See http://gcc.gnu.org/install .

I do not know of any caveats with this platform; I have been using gcc
  2.95.2 on redhat 6.1 x86-linux for months.

If you plan to do c++ development with 2.95.2, you will recompile the c++
  libs you develop with.

[snip]