help on vi

Mahadev Cholachgudda mahadev_kc@yahoo.com
Tue May 9 04:14:00 GMT 2000


hello,

u have to set the environment variable TERM and have to export it to child
shells. follow the below procedure.


in ur .profile file append the following.

TERM=vt100
export TERM

save the file and logout. again login to the linux, open vi and try the
arrow keys.

regards
mahadev

-----Original Message-----
From: Rakesh Nair <rakeshn@kpit.com>
To: 'help-gcc@gnu.org' <help-gcc@gnu.org>
Date: Tuesday, May 09, 2000 3:30 PM
Subject: help on vi


Hi,


I have installed vi on my terminal

My terminal type is ansi.

But for moving my cursor I still have to use h ,,j ,k ,l  keys instead of my
arrow keys.

But I have noticed on certain other unix systems that arrow  keys are used
for this purpose. Which file should I modify & how should I do it?

Any immediate help will be highly appreciated...

Thnks

Rakesh



__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://im.yahoo.com



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list