gcc compiler, version egcs 1.1.1
Henry Abrecht
jalright@ix.netcom.com
Sat May 13 07:35:00 GMT 2000
Hello,
I have what I believe is version 2.8.1 of your c compiler--or is it
> egcs-1.1.1? I got that number from the man notes on gcc. My platform is Caldera OpenLinux 2.2.
My problem: I'm trying to declare and call math
> functions--specifically sin(x), cos(x), sqrt(x), pow(x, y).
> When I call them and include math.h (or is it tgmath.h?) I get
the
> message: "function undefined." When I declare them (ex: double
> sqrt(double)) I get the same message.
>
> My question: What's the correct prototype format for these
functions?
> (or more generally, how are they declared and called?) If it
helps, I'm
> using a book called "A Book on C," by Al Kelley and Ira Pohl. On
his Web
> site Pohl indicates that libraries used by c compilers might have
changed
> since he wrote his book. He recommends that users contact the compiler maker for the correct function prototypes. (Pohl's book is based on GCC 2.7.)
Thanks,
Henry Abrecht
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list