download C compiler

llewelly@dbritsch.dsl.xmission.com llewelly@dbritsch.dsl.xmission.com
Thu May 4 12:12:00 GMT 2000


On Thu, 4 May 2000 FeliceGata@aol.com wrote:

This list is primarily for developers of gcc. Questions like this should 
  go to gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org .

This question is best answered at: 
  http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html

Also, please check the FAQ at: http://gcc.gnu.org/fom_serv/cache/1.html

> Good Morning,
> 
> I am a student studing computer programing. I have just started an 
> intorductory C Programming class. My professor stated that I could download a 
> c compiler from your web site, which would enable me to do the class 
> programming assignments at home.
> 
> However, I am just begining and am confused by your language. I don't know 
> which download to use. Can you please help with advise.
> 

gcc.gnu.org does not distribute the compiler as a ready-to-execute
  binary. gcc.gnu.org distributes the compiler in source
  code form, which requires that you already have a compiler for your
  system.

Which precompiled compiler you need, and where you can get it depends on
  your platform (operating system + hardware arch).

[snip]




More information about the Gcc-help mailing list