problem with iostream

Sat Mar 25 11:03:00 GMT 2000

> hello, i have just upgraded to the latest version of redhat linux
> and suddenly my g++ compiled programs fall over.

>From your description, it was not clear whether the old binaries
stopped working on the new system, or whether binaries created on the
new system with the new compiler would break.

Also, it is not clear to me whether you have installed the latest
redhat version "from scratch", or overwritten your previous
installation. It may well be that there were still some old files
lying around which should have been removed but weren't.

To investigate this further, please try the following commands:

ldd <your compiled program>
g++ -o <output file> <your source file> -v --trace-includes

>From looking at such output, it might be possible to tell what went
wrong. In case of ldd, please check whether any of the libraries are
symbolic links, and look up the files behind the symbolic links. Also,
for each of those, invoke

rpm -qf <library name>

and report the names of the RPM packages where these files
originate. It would also help if you let us know the exact version of
redhat linux you are using, instead of saying it is "the latest" one.

Regards,
Martin